Saturday, August 4, 2018

Sing for Hope on a NYC Piano (Day 6)

June 20th
I enjoy the mornings the most. I have been getting up a little later each day and if I still see the five o'clock hour on my clock, it is just at a glance and then I turn over. Nice. My morning routine for almost a week now has been to let Murray out, give him breakfast, and sit down to write at the computer with a glass mug filled with hot water and lemon. I like writing about nothing and turning the nonsense into a story. It feels creative to me.

Another part of my routine has been to write about the day before. Gratefully, I have been filling my days with enough stuff to be emotionally and physically drained by the end of the day. I'm certainly not bored and way too weary to write about it at night. So here goes... Yesterday, Sam and I set out for the city. Sing for Hope is an organization that places used, upright piano all around New York City, mostly in small parks where people can sit and listen. The pianos are brightly painted and really stand out with a spot of color in a very gray city. We followed a google map on Sam's phone through the Village and found a bunch of pianos within walking distance. He was brilliant (in the words of British Claude on Instagram!) and gave the little city parks a touch of beautiful music as well as color. The day was hot but fine for walking. I love spending the time with Sam as we both enjoy just wandering around. We found a wonderful taco restaurant for lunch near Bleecker Street, called "Tacombi." I fell in love with this place! Here is a community of people who understand ME! I sat down and immediately was given vegan recommendations from the hostess as if I was not the weird one. I felt a sense of belonging and fit right in. These were my people! Sam happily experimented with two meaty choices on the menu and was just as pleased with my vegan meal. We have to go back. The day rounded out with a short visit to Daddy and an easy ride home. Happy, happy girl.

No comments:

Kasey

"Kasey" 14 x 18" Acrylic on Canvas Meet Kasey. Kasey is a service dog who goes to the hospital with her owner and makes ...