Saturday, August 4, 2018

A List of Goals (31)

July 15th
I have computer related things filling my head lately. I want to start up a home business with art. If I never try to make this my source of retirement income, I will regret never trying. That means making it official with a blog or website to sell my services. Yesterday, I asked Joyce to keep Tuesday afternoon free for my first working session with Daisy. If I can feel comfortable with her in my studio and get her to work with me, it will boost my confidence.

So here are my short and long term goals for making it work. (Another checklist. I like lists.)
  • Set up a place to work with students. I already have a studio room but with Daisy as my guinea pig, I can test it out to see if it needs to be tweaked for students.
  • Figure out what materials will be needed to start. I have stuff in the basement. Time to go through all of that.
  • Set up a better spot for projecting images. The projector works with the adapter. Yay! Now I need wall space and a proper table for the projector.
  • Research options for websites on teaching art and selling art. This is right up my computer loving alley. I enjoy my personal blog. I have to turn that into a platform that makes money. 
  • This is a short list, but each bullet point is really intense. I am so excited about the computer elements, that I rush through this morning's essay, just to start designing my business. It is good to be excited. Keeps me going. Keeps me young.

On an unrelated point, Norman wants to go to Portland Maine because a friend said so. I looked up the city and what there is to do there. It is just north of Boston so not as far as I thought and there are lovely parks, lighthouses, trails, and towns to wander around. My husband and I have exactly the same personality. It is amazing how we ever discuss or agree on anything when we both flip out at the first mention of an idea. He told me about Maine and what was my reaction? I told him he was crazy to want to go on another long drive. I did not listen, I did not calmly say that I would look into the idea. I did not give him a chance to convince me at all. And when I want to talk to him about anything that is important to me, he either flips out or ignores the fact that I am speaking (who really needs hearing aids in this family?). Just like me, he will return hours or days later, calmer and ready to talk. I forget I have had time to consider all that I am asking him before I introduce a subject and I expect him to respond off the cuff. He needs the same window of time to have a point of view. In the end, we usually agree. We just need time to get there. We've made it work that way for 35 years now. I guess we might also take a trip to Maine this summer.

No comments:

Kasey

"Kasey" 14 x 18" Acrylic on Canvas Meet Kasey. Kasey is a service dog who goes to the hospital with her owner and makes ...