Saturday, August 4, 2018

Friendships (Day 7)

June 21st
Hello my journal friend, Penzu! This has to be better than talking to the wind or mulling things over in my mind so many times that I can't fall asleep at night. With you, my new friend, I get the words out and somehow it makes more sense to see my life printed objectively and clearly on the screen.

Yesterday was all about friendships. And not school friendships for the first time in a week. I spent a good hour on the phone with Vicki and we talked about everything from her son, Max, and her possible move to Boston, to thoughts of camp and going vegan. I always feel better when we talk. Somehow, she gets me and makes me understand how much life has to offer. Vicki started out more in friendship with Norman but she is my friend now too.

Joyce also began as a camp friend, and after our move to New Jersey (and in particular, Lindsay Drive), she is the one we all lean on just to survive. I will always do anything I can to help her even when she finds ways to help us more. Isn't that friendship at its best? I went to her basement yesterday morning to see what happened with her flood and promised to return today and help her build shelves. I will make that a priority as she is my friend.

Speaking of what you do for a friend, Norman drove all the way to Hoboken to pick up Dave. Dave is up from Florida visiting his kiddos and his new grandson, Sonny. We invited Teddy and Andrea over to join us for dinner. Once again, I was proud of myself! No cleaning necessary if we were all going to relax on the deck, right? I wore my new skinny jeans and focused more on my appearance than on the house. That is a delightful change for the better for sure. It helps to lose 40 pounds and to enjoy how I look for once. My friends dined on salmon on the plank, turkey burgers, and a host of side dishes that I could eat with everyone else. It was a lovely night outdoors with good food and the best of friends ever.

No comments:

Kasey

"Kasey" 14 x 18" Acrylic on Canvas Meet Kasey. Kasey is a service dog who goes to the hospital with her owner and makes ...