Monday, August 6, 2018

The Story is on the Blog (53)

A new Monday, the start of a new week. I worried over this new blog all weekend. It was a joyous worry, not a heart-wrenching thing. I could spend hours tweaking a design on the computer with a contented smile and boundless curiosity, especially when it comes to changing the color or placement of a tiny element on the screen. But that's just me. The blog now contains all of my Penzu rants and the date of the posts are current as of today. I wonder if I will keep this up or if I will ever share my thoughts with the world. All I can be certain of is how grounded I feel from writing it all down. It helped. A lot.

We went to the beach yesterday and tried to cool off. What a hot, summer's day! It was hard to walk away from my Mac screen, but I really am trying to be a well rounded retired person. I could easily go into project hibernation, blindly following my creative urges at the exclusion of everyone and everything else. And here I was trying to be friendly and outgoing in my retired life! My blog project became my obsession for the weekend and I have to admit that it brought me so much joy. I love when something takes over all of me. The energy infuses new life into my body and sharpens my mind. For anyone feeling groggy, lazy or without any desire to live a full and vibrant life, just go start a project. Clean a closet, begin something crafty if that is your thing, research pickleball racquets as Norman does, or create a blog. My computer design challenge made me feel happy, productive, and young.

So it is a new Monday and a new week. I will make attempts to pull myself out of my creative cloud and be friendly today. I have a few plans for the week, including a gynecologist appointment (not my favorite thing to do, hoisting my legs up on a set of stirrups) and possibly meeting Lisa at the beach. The new art teacher, Caryn, sent me a message today. I will reach out to her and invite her along. There, that is being friendly! I am really curious about her new classroom and how it will look. It is hard for me to totally break free from my old life. I suppose that proves it was a good one. I loved my title of Art Teacher; I am just ready to live a more flexible life with my choice to spend a day on the computer, a day at the easel, a day on the beach, or a day in stirrups. Oy. The story is on my blog!

No comments:

Kasey

"Kasey" 14 x 18" Acrylic on Canvas Meet Kasey. Kasey is a service dog who goes to the hospital with her owner and makes ...