Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Wisdom from a Bear

Pooh Bear from the movie, Christopher Robin


"
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day."


That small bit of astute wisdom comes from Winnie the Pooh. A movie filled with adorable stuffed animals and Ewan McGregor is not a bad way to spend a Monday night while Norman plays poker with his cronies in our house. The mindful lessons of Pooh Bear are right on. Nothing is impossible. I am figuring that out every day in my quest to do the impossible. Some days, I do nothing; it is my summer break after all. Then I might I redecorate a room and paint a portrait all in one day. The summer is my chance to get everything done before fall obligations kick in. Only thing is that I don't have fall obligations. I am retired. My life could very well be in the hundred acre woods with Pooh and his friends. I can enjoy a day of doing nothing if that's where my red balloon takes me.

"I always get to where I am going by walking away from where I've been."


Now there's a clever little thought from the bear of little brain. I am a big believer in fate and everything we experience was presented to us for a reason. I have changed my identity many times. Commercial artist, graphic artist, illustrator, copywriter, summer camp artist, mom, home cook, pickleball champ, and art teacher. I am now well prepared for a future that might include designing a logo for a pickleball racquet to be used at a camp for retirees. You never know where your past can lead you, even as you leave it behind. Now, I'd like to move forward with the confidence of Pooh and get to where I am going. Which way is that, Pooh Bear?

"Doing nothing often leads to the very best kind of something."


I'll let that jewel steep for awhile while I do nothing. Thank you, Sam, for a wonderful night at the movies and giving me something to think about. Go see the Christopher Robin movie. It's not just for kids, stuffed bears or this retired brain.



No comments:

Kasey

"Kasey" 14 x 18" Acrylic on Canvas Meet Kasey. Kasey is a service dog who goes to the hospital with her owner and makes ...